Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Tuesday Post

Greetings!

I am currently sitting outside the "Creatures of the Night" maze while my students explore the dark maze, learning what it is like to live in the deep ocean.

We have had a wonderful day today. Filled with kayak adventures, hikes, and different labs ( some of which allowed the students to interact and touch real life sharks!)

The students are all having a wonderful time and enjoying the beautiful weather. We just finished up a hearty meal of chicken, potatoes, salad, and hawaiin rolls. Our bellies are full and we are ready to learn!

Below are some posts from some of the students in my group.

Mr. Compton

The "tunnel maze" was very freaky yet exciting. We're like creatures in the dark ocean, with no light. It's thrilling because you're alone and in a dark tunnel, using other senses to find our way out of the maze. And you can barely see anything. You have to be aware of your surroundings, or you'll get lost in the dark.
~Serapina Chung :)

I was amazed by the flourishing plant life we saw on the hike, though most people find it boring. I'd thought that the trails would be much harder and steeper than they were, so it was a pretty calm and placid time. Well, it wasn't completely easy I guess because everyone -including me- slipped at least once. One time someone actually fell into a little trench with really long grass -I won't say who. The maze Serapina talked about freaked me out, but I made it!
~ Kellie McAteer :)

It has been such an awesome trip. I have seen lots of sea animals, such as sea lions, sea urchins, and big sheep crabs. Kayaking was very fun, but very tiring. The night dive was very fun, but a little scary before hand. The "creatures of the night" maze was fun, but very creepy.
-Reggie Hannah-Sims

Hello WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  CIMI is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The showers are quick and there is less privacy but the awesome snorkels and the awesome stuff make up for that. Hi mom hi dad. :) The food is really good. Finally CIMI IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. I took pictures!!!!!!
-Joseph Moon

I love CIMI so far!!! I have a room with all of my friends and it is amazing!!!! I have learned a bunch of things and CALIBUNGA!!!!!!! ;)
Tianna Rose

1 comment:

  1. This sounds amazing for all of you! A trip to remember for all the kids.

    ReplyDelete